Surrogacy in Georgia is the most affordable and legal surrogacy destination in Eastern Europe.
Surrogacy in Georiga is legal yet affordable but only available to married heterosexual couples. Republic of Georgia (an eastern European country) is quickly becoming a popular international surrogacy destination for the childless couple.
The third-party reproductive laws are favorable in Georgia since 1997. Thus, giving equal opportunity to local and international fertility seekers. Slowly, Georgia is becoming a new surrogacy hub for couples, who wish to become a parent via surrogacy process.
What we will cover in this article.
1. Why surrogacy in Georgia, Tiblisi?
2. Is surrogacy legal in Georiga?
3. How much does surrogacy cost in Georgia?
4. Travel tips for Georgia
5. Conclusion for surrogacy in Georgia Tbilisi
Why surrogacy in Georgia, Tiblisi?
Low surrogacy cost with legal security, makes Georgia an ideal destination for international surrogacy.
The Republic of Georgia is located at the intersection of Europe and Asia. It is a small but naturally diverse country. Formerly it was a part of USSR. Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia to offer a modern facility with old architectural charm.
In the past, other Asian countries like India and Thailand were popular for international surrogacy. But now, Georgia is a potential destination for couples who want to have the baby via surrogacy.
Why consider surrogacy in Georgia:
1. Surrogacy agreement in Georgia is supported by legal protection. Matter of fact it has the most favorable surrogacy laws in the world.
2. The country does not differentiate between it, local citizen and foreigner. There fertility and surrogacy services are equally available to all. However, it is essential to know that only married hetero couples can do surrogacy in Georgia.
3. The cost of the surrogacy in Georgia is the lowest, so making it a lucrative option for a couple who has financial difficulties.
4. Surrogate mothers come from lower social classes. However, they live in a clean home and good standard living habits.
5. Caucasian egg donors are available in plenty. The surrogacy agency in Georgia which offers a complete profile of egg donors with photos along with detail of physical characteristics, medical history, family history, education, and occupations.
5. The genetic testing can be done during the IVF cycle, but not for gender selection purpose.
6. A marriage certificate of couples is not needed until the birth of the baby.
7. Foreign couples are not required to travel to Georgia to sign a surrogacy agreement. They can instead mail an apostilled Power of Authority, authorizing surrogacy agency staff to sign on their behalf.
Is surrogacy legal in Georiga?
According to Georgian legislation, commissioning parents are the legal parent of the baby, and their name comes in the baby birth certificate.
Most countries restrict or prohibit surrogacy arrangements for its citizen and foreigners. But Georiga offers a legally viable option for cross-border surrogacy.
However, it is good to consult with your consulates to see if your home country allow surrogacy legally. Although Georgia will accept heterosexual married couples for surrogacy but for taking the baby home safely, consult your local surrogacy attorney.
There has been a marked-up increase in couples from countries like USA, Australia, Israel, and the UK.
Surrogacy is a controversial topic. It involves the discussion about the moral, social and legal issues for the baby and Intended parents. That is why legal situation needs to be well evaluated carefully.
Georgian Law gives “Married Heterosexual Couples” the right to have the baby through surrogacy. This means the single parents or a same-sex couple are not eligible to do surrogacy in Georgia.
The Article of 143 of Georgia legislation says,
- Extracorporeal fertilization (IVF) is allowed:
- For the treatment of infertility, as well as in the case of risk of transmission of genetic disease on a wife’s or a husband’s part, by using sex cells or an embryo of the couple or a donor, if the couple’s written consent has been obtained.
- For transfer and growth of the embryo obtained as a result of fertilization to the uterus of another woman (“surrogate mother”). The couple’s written consent is obligatory.
- The couple is considered to be parents in case of the childbirth with the responsibility and authority ensuing from it. A donor or a “surrogate mother” has no right to be recognized as a parent of the born child.
- Prior written consent is needed for the Intended parent before the start of the treatment. A dully drafted and signed consent provide the legal protection to the Intended parents.
The Article of 144 of Georgia legislation speaks about the possibility of using an egg donor or sperm donor.
For artificial fertilization, it is possible to use female and male sex cells or an embryo conserved by the method of freezing. The time of conservation is determined according to the couple’s will by established procedure.
Commission parent is the legal parent of the baby right after conceptions. The surrogate mother has no right over the baby, and she is not recognized as the legal parent of the baby. This means:
1. The baby birth certificate can be assigned soon after baby delivery.
2. The name of both commission parents come in the baby birth certificate.
3. No consent from surrogate mother is needed at any stage and no court order is needed.
Although Georgian surrogacy laws are favourable. Intended Parents need to have at least one genetic link with the baby. That man either mother or father need to be biologically linked with the baby.
During the baby exit process, your country consulates will ask for DNA tests to establish that get the citizenship of the parents.
To make the baby exit process less time consuming and hassle-free, it is advised that couples from the UK and Spain use a single surrogate mother in Georgia.
As Georgia is a small country, some countries do not have embassies in Georiga. That is why couples need to find and communicate with the nearest diplomatic mission for grant of baby citizenship and passport.
The exit process of baby:
A baby born in Georgia for foreign couples through surrogacy is considered to be stateless. The baby remains stateless till the time parents apply and get citizenship of thier country.
The time needed to take the baby home varies from country to country. It depends on the workload on your country local embassy and if there are any holidays. Generally, the time needed for exit are:
US citizens 2-4 weeks
UK citizens 8-10 weeks
Australian citizens 5-6 weeks
How much does surrogacy cost in Georgia?
The high cost of surrogacy makes it out of reach for many couples. But not anymore!
Surrogacy in Georiga costs a lot less than you think!
The surrogacy cost in Georgia is much affordable than the USA or other European countries.
The full surrogacy fee for gestational surrogacy in Georgia can be starting from $35,000 to $45,000. That includes the IVF, Caucasian egg donor fee, surrogacy related fees like her compensation and antenatal care, and surrogacy agency fee.
Cross- border surrogacy can be a challenging enterprise. To avoid hidden cost or surprises later, it is good to understand all the aspect of the surrogacy costs. Pay special attention to “incidental fee/ additional fee. Generally, once a gestational surrogacy agreement is sealed, there are no changes in cost.
Many surrogacy agencies in Georgia offering the guarantee baby plan. Couples who do not want to go through the turbulence outcome of IVF cycles may consider it.
Guarantee surrogacy baby in Georgia, a myth or reality?
To avoid the uncertainness and risk of failed IVF surrogacy cycle, many IVF Clinic and surrogacy agency in Georgia is offering “ Guarantee Baby Services”.
It can be a good option for couples, who are ready to pay a bit more money but need sure shot assurance of having a baby at the end.
We are not sure if such an arrangement can save money, but guarantee program offers peace of mind to the Intended Parents as they will get baby for sure.
Although in such program IVF Clinics do ask for a higher initial fee, but with a little more fee, parents can be assured of the baby.
It is again like taking chances. If you get successful in the first IVF cycle with first embryos transfer in surrogate mother, then the higher guarantee fee is like loss of money. But in case you need more than 1 IVF cycles and number embryos transfer attempt in surrogate mothers, then guarantee program can save a lot of money as doing each IV F cycle cost much more.
The bottom line is that uncertainty of the IVF treatment makes guarantee program much desirable. If you have money and can afford the guarantee baby high initial fee, it can be a good option.
The cost of guarantee baby program in Georgia as offered by various surrogacy agency is around $55,000 to $60,000. It is all-inclusive cost; it covers almost everything except flight cost.
Typically, a Guaranteed Baby Cost would include:
- Egg Donor recruitment, selection and then screening by the doctor
- Agency fee for the egg donor
- Egg donor medical exams and her stimulation ( preparation for the IVF)
- Egg Donor compensation
- IVF (in vitro fertilization) as many attempts as would be needed
- Embryo freezing and storage
- Surrogate mother recruitment, selection and then screening by the doctor
- Gestational carrier compensation
- Surrogate mother monthly allowance ( for proper nutrition and vitamins to ensure she has good care during pregnancy and gets all necessary vitamins )
- ·Embryo transfer fee paid to a surrogate mother ( upon transferring the embryos)
- Pregnancy care ( visit clinic according to doctor medical protocol, regular check-ups, standard medicines prescribed during pregnancy)
- Baby delivery fee at the delivery hospital (paid directly to the maternity clinic)
- Surrogate mother supervision by our specially assigned Pregnancy Care Coordinator for the entire period of the pregnancy ( 9 months) : this includes making sure the surrogate mother visits the clinic on time, unexpected visits to surrogate mother at home for check-up, being available for the surrogate mother for 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week for her questions and assistance during pregnancy
- Notary fee for signing the contract between you and a surrogate mother, as well as the egg donor
- Meeting you at the airport upon your arrival
- Free accommodation for four days upon initial arrival for providing sperm for IVF procedure
Eligibility for the guarantee baby program
- The sperm medical results of a genetic father need to be confirmed by the doctor
- She surrogate mother and egg donor is suggested by our agency
Travel tips for Georgia
Georgia country overview:
Facts and Figures
Official name: Georgia
Area: 69 700 sq. Km
Population: 4 385 400
Main cities: Kutaisi, Batumi, Rustavi, Telavi, Zugdidi, Ozurgeti, Poti
Time zone: GMT + 4:00
Country code: GEO
Calling code: +995 (+995 32 – for Tbilisi)
Official language: Georgian
Political structure: Democratic Republic
Travel Information for Georgia:
There is no visa requirement for visitors from many countries. A passport valid for at least six months is required for all nationalities. There is no visa needed for stays up to 360 days for the citizen of :
· The European Union
· United States of America
· Principality of Andorra
· Republic of Iceland
· United Arab Emirates
· State of Kuwait
· South Korea
· State of Qatar
Kingdom of Bahrain
Those from nations that required a visa to enter the country can apply for one at the Georgian consulates in their country of origin or upon arrival at Tbilisi International Airport.
For some countries, it is good to use and get the visa before arrival as getting a permit on arrival can take time and sometimes denied.
Georgia has a very convenient geographic location. Thus, making it very easy to reach by all types of transportation. It takes only 3-4 hours to reach Georgia from the centre of Europe by flights.
There are non-stop flights to the capital of Georgia (Tbilisi) from Aktau; Alma-Ata, Amsterdam, Athens, Baku, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Dubai, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Kharkov, Kiev, London, Minsk, Munich, Paris, Prague, Riga, Tel-Aviv, Vienna, Yerevan.
Daily flights are available from Kiev, Munich, Istanbul, and Baku. There are also flights from other cities three-four times a week. There are three main international Airports in Georgia: Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Batumi International Airports.
WHERE TO STAY
You can book Hotel or Apartment via Booking.com or expedia.com
Conclusion for surrogacy in Georiga Tiblisi.
It goes without saying that Georgia does offer a legally secure yet affordable surrogacy option for international couples. The IVF Clinics in Tiblisi is well equipped to handle the quality and care expected from foreigners.
There has been a specific advantage of surrogacy in Georiga as compared to nearby countries like Ukraine and Russia.
For surrogacy in Ukraine, you need to have a medical letter from your local doctor to mention the reason to opt for a gestational carrier Georiga does not require any recommendation for surrogacy.
Unlike Ukraine, you do not need an apostilled married certificate to start the surrogacy process.
Russia, which has a tight political condition with the rest of the world, Georgia offers a more inclusive and modern approach.
Georgia is a member of the United Nations and Council of Europe. It gives a safe and secure environment for world travellers and continues improving its economic independence.
The only drawback we can think of is that – only hetero couples can do surrogacy in Georgia. That means, no single male or gay couple surrogacy can opt for surrogacy here.
Are you ready to start the surrogacy process? Do you want to learn more about growing your family via surrogacy in Georiga? Get in touch now to get a free consultation/information to get started with your surrogacy journey