Hysteroscopy for infertility is standard practice. Hysteroscopy costs can be much less than what you think.
Sometime to facilitate the better outcome of ART treatment, few surgically invasive procedure is needed. Hysteroscopy before IVF is performed in a few cases. We will know about the hysteroscopy costs, process and outcome here. To start with, not all Assisted Reproductive Treatment requires a surgical procedure.
One of the most commonly used surgical processes is Hysteroscopy. Mostly hysteroscopy is done before IVF. Hysteroscopy test is recommended by the fertility specialist when he or she feels more thorough examination of uterus is needed to rule out some underlying condition. It is also done to improve the success rate IVF.
Hysteroscopy is a procedure that allows the fertility specialist to look inside the uterus. Hysteroscopy is done to diagnose the causes of abnormal bleeding and some time to evaluate the uterus lining to see all is well before proceeding with IVF.
Hysteroscopy is done using a hysteroscope, a thin, flexible, lighted tube that is inserted into the vagina to examine the cervix and inside of the uterus.
In some cases, hysteroscopy is more invasive, besides looking into the uterus lining it consists of another purpose.
One such process is Hysteroscopy Dilation and Curettage (D&C).
Dilation and curettage with hysteroscopy is a procedure where the lining of the uterus is removed for tissue analysis. This process is known as hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy.
Hysteroscopy is done with using a small probe with a camera attached so doctors can examine the inside of the uterus.
The reason for doing hysteroscopy are as below:
- To find the cause of severe cramping or abnormal bleeding. Sometimes the doctor can pass heated tools through the hysteroscope to stop the bleeding, in sever case.
- To see if a problem in the shape or size of the uterus or if scar tissue in the womb. This is done to the diagnosis of the cause of infertility
- To go through the uterine openings to the fallopian tubes. In case if these tubes are blocked, the doctor may be able to open the tubes with special tools passed through the hysteroscope.
- To find the would be the cause of repeated miscarriages.
- To remove the intrauterine devices (IUD). That is known as hysteroscopy IUD removal.
- To rule out small fibroids or polyps and to remove them. This is known as hysteroscopy polyp or hysteroscopy fibroid removal.
- To check our endometrium cancer and uterus tuberculosis.
- To remove problem areas in the lining of the uterus and this is known as endometrial ablation.
- To put a contraceptive implant into the opening of the fallopian tubes as a method of permanent sterilization.
Benefits of Hysteroscopy in infertility treatments.
- Shorter hospital stays as it is not a profoundly invasive process.
- Shorter recovery time.
- Less pain medication needed after surgery
- Avoidance of hysterectomy, which is a more invasive and painful process.
Hysteroscopy has some defined guidelines, which are observed for an optimum successful outcome of any diagnostic or operative type of hysteroscopy process.
- The first step start with doctor chooses the hysteroscope. Hysteroscope is a thin tube-like device, which is employed during the process.
- As per patients needs, general anesthesia or local anesthesia is given to the patient.
- Go to the cervical opening to access and insert the hysteroscope in a proper manner.
- A speculum is entered through the widened opening to guide the straightforward introduction of the hysteroscope into the uterus of the patient.
- The fluid is infused through the hysteroscope to have optimum visibility of the uterus and the related compositions.
- Once the doctor has the finding of the hysteroscopy procedure, he or she can evaluate the medical condition of the patient.
- Then make a treatment plan in case of the diagnostic procedure and then carries out an operative procedure, if needed.
The hysteroscopy costs in India, New Delhi, ranges from Rs. 15,000 and Rs.51,000 .
The difference in hysteroscopy cost of treatment depends upon many factors like:
- IVF clinics
- the success rate of the procedure,
- experience of the gynecologist
- Type of procedure whether diagnostic or operative.
In case you are looking for hysteroscopy price before IVF, feel free to get back as we can help you find the best clinics and doctor.