Tubal Ligation Reversal Cost and Process
Tubal ligation reversal is a surgical procedure which is done to re-open, untie, or reconnect a woman’s fallopian tubes so she can become pregnant. The surgery is performed on women who previously had their tubes tied. Tubal ligation reversal cost is very high and it can force the couple to think about if they really need it or they can go for IVF treatment.
Factors to consider for tubal ligation reversal:
- Age of lady.
- The type of tubal ligation surgery done in the past.
- The overall health and condition of ovaries, uterus, and remaining fallopian tubes, especially their length.
The criteria doctor need to know before tubal ligation reversal:
- When were, tubes tied.
- What type of tubal ligation done?
- Earlier pregnancy achieved before the surgery and if those pregnancies were healthy.
- If had any surgeries in the past like for endometriosis, fibroid, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), or other gynaecological disorders. Such surgeries can cause scar tissue, which may affect the success of the tubal reversal.
In general, good candidates for tubal reversal are women who had only small parts of their fallopian tubes removed, or whose tubes were closed using rings or clips.
According to the doctor, best candidates for tubal reversal are women younger than age 40 who had sterilization surgery immediately following childbirth, a procedure called postpartum tubal ligation.
Risks and Complications of the tubal ligation Surgery
There are a few risks involved in this procedure. Some of these complications involve:
- Not being able to get pregnant even after the procedure is done. The outcome of the surgery cannot be guaranteed successful conceptions.
- The fallopian tubes can get scarred.
- There is a possibility of other organs getting injured during the surgery.
Recovery After a Tubal Reversal
Recovery time after tubal reversal surgery depends on type f surgery done by the doctor.
Tubal reversal is more invasive surgery performed abdominally and takes more recovery time than original tube-tying operation.
Which is the best option: IVF or tubal reversal?
The decision between IVF and a tubal reversal is difficult to make for any couple.
The couple needs to compare the cost of both treatment and subsequent success rate. What you plan to do in the long term need to be taken care while making this decision.
If the woman is young and needs more than one kids, it is better to go for tubal ligation reversal surgery.
If the lady is over 35 years of age, and wish to have one child, it makes more sense to do IVF for better success rate.
It goes without saying that the age of a woman plays a significant role in deciding what the best option for them is.
Tubal ligation reversal cost
The tubal reversal cost varies depending on the complexity of the surgery and type of clinic and surgeon you choose. General costing for the surgery is anywhere around Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 5 Lakhs.