How much does surrogacy cost in India? Well, it is one of the lowest around the world.
The surrogacy cost is one of the most important factors for parents. As each surrogacy process is unique to the associated cost can vary. But, it goes without saying that “gestational surrogacy cost in India“ is much affordable. Matter of fact, India is the cheapest surrogacy country.
Is surrogacy legal in India?
Yes, surrogacy is currently legally allowed in India, but only for Indian married couples.
The procedure is not open for foreigners or even for OC/PIO holding couples. Of two types of surrogacy – traditional and gestational, the latter is preferred as the couple will be recognized as the biological parents of the child. The surrogate mother is considered a carrier of the child.
There are no clear rules for same-sex surrogacy in India. As per ICMR guidelines only married hetero couples can hire a commercial surrogate mother in India.
How much does a surrogate mother cost in Indian rupees?
The surrogate mother total compensation in a city like New Delhi is around four lakhs INR. Generally, a surrogate mother gets 5000 INR each month after confirmation of the heartbeat of the baby. The rest of the money she gets after the baby birth.
How much does Single parent surrogacy cost in India?
The latest surrogacy draft bill 2016, still does not give a clear indication about surrogacy for single male in India. There are few IVF Clinics which accepts single parent with extra paperwork. While few IVF Clinic does not take and it is open to interpretation by each IVF Clinic.
Nevertheless, the cost of single-parent surrogacy in India will be slightly more as compared to married couples. That can be due to the additional expense of finding an egg donor and her compensation. The legal fee and documentation fee can be higher for single parents. Besides this, the IVF Fee and surrogacy-related fee are the same for all parents.
How much does surrogacy cost in Delhi?
Delhi, being the capital of India is one of the most modern city. The medical facility is world class at an affordable cost. We have our local partner IVF Clinic in New Delhi and boast of giving the highest success rate with ethical practices.
Our fertility services offer Advanced Assisted Reproduction Techniques (ART) with a considerable success rate of IVF cycle. Every month we help many childless couples achieve their dream parenthood through surrogacy.
Surrogacy in India ranges from 12-15 lakh INR (US$15-21,000), which is substantially low as compared to other East European and Asian countries. Surrogacy with donor eggs is standard practice and attributes to high surrogacy pregnancy rate.
Owing to the rising number of fertility clinics in India, choosing the best among them may be overwhelming. We help and guide you in selecting the best IVF Clinic in Delhi.
How to manage surrogacy cost?
Each case of surrogacy is unique, and the entire cost depends upon a whole lot of factors. Nevertheless, the cost of surrogacy in India is much less as compared to other countries.
It is true that surrogacy in India is the most cost affordable in all countries. The cost of surrogacy in India is lower due to:
- Lower surrogate mother compensation. The average surrogate mother compensation can be around $5000 to $6000. Although it is much less when compared to their western counterpart in western countries. However, this amount is when converted into local currency, can be a large hefty amount and much more than routine jobs.
- The compensation for surrogate mother varies a lot depending on her health, experience, and location of her stay. An experienced surrogate would charge more. Similarly, surrogate mother compensation in Delhi will be more as that living in Mumbai or Bengaluru.
- The surrogate housing cost needs to consider while doing surrogacy. We advise working with surrogacy agencies who have safe and comfortable surrogate housing for surrogate mother. It is easy to monitor and take care of the surrogate if they are taken care of by the in house coordinator.
- Low cost of Medical procedure like IVF. The cost of IVF cycle is much less in India due to a good number of fertility clinics. The typical IVF Cycle cost around $4000. The low cost does not mean sub-standard services, but the overall cost is low due to cheap consumable and lower professional fee for doctors.
- Antenatal care cost and baby delivery cost is less as compared to other countries.
Guarantee surrogacy baby plan
The total cost of surrogacy primarily depends on the number of IVF Cycles needed to get the successful implantation in surrogate mother. Guaranteed surrogacy baby plan or money back IVF Cycles are offered in some IVF Clinics, which give peace of mind at a slightly higher cost.
Gestational surrogacy is a complicated process where success may not be achieved in the first IVF cycle. Generally, 1-3 embryos transfer attempt is needed to have a successful pregnancy outcome. That is why we recommend and work with IVF Clinics:
- Multiple IVF Cycle program to give best possible success to the intended parents. It is a comprehensive plan which has all cost like IVF cycles undertaken, diagnostic tests, legal formalities, the requirement of egg/sperm donor and antenatal care and baby delivery. The surrogacy cost in Guarantee plan can be around 15 Lacs INR.
- A success rate of clinics contributes a lot to the cost of surrogacy in India. High success rates mean, less number of IVF attempts needed. So, there is less cost involved, if the first transfer in surrogate mother is successful.
Conclusion for surrogacy in Delhi
Simply put, most of the Intended Parents are unable to pursue IVF surrogacy due to high surrogacy cost. It is a sad reality. That is why we strive to work with our long term partner IVF Clinics to lowest surrogacy cost without compromising the quality of services.
We aim to provide low-cost surrogacy in India. In tiers two cities, it is easy to have lowest surrogacy cost in India. But as surrogacy is a complicated and long process with the advanced medical procedure, it is advised to work in metro cities like New Delhi and Mumbai. The practice of running successful surrogate services is well established in these cities with a successful outcome.
Are you planning to do surrogacy in India, Delhi? We have the most ethical and guarantee the baby plan option available. Contact us for a free consultation to get started now!