Tubal ligation reversal is a surgical procedure which is done to re-open, untie, or reconnect a woman’s fallopian tubes so she can become pregnant. The surgery is performed on women who previously had their tubes tied.
Factors to consider for tubal ligation reversal-
- Age of lady.
- The type of tubal ligation surgery done in past.
- The overall health and condition of ovaries, uterus, and remaining fallopian tubes, especially their length.
The criteria doctor need to know before tubal ligation reversal-
- When were, tubes tied.
- What type of tubal ligation done?
- Earlier pregnancy achieved before the surgery and if those pregnancies were healthy.
- If had any surgeries in past like for endometriosis, fibroid, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), or other gynecological disorders.
- Such surgeries can cause scar tissue, which may affect the success of the tubal reversal.
In general, good candidates for tubal reversal are women who had only small parts of their fallopian tubes removed, or whose tubes were closed using rings or clips. According to doctor best candidates for tubal reversal are women younger than age 40 who had sterilization surgery immediately following childbirth, a procedure called postpartum tubal ligation.